I am delighted and honoured to be a nominee for the Mystery Blogger Award, nominated by the lovely Esmé at Cook and enjoy recipes
Thank you so much, Esmé. This nomination lifted me at a time that is particularly welcome!
I have given my nominees, but if any do not have the time for nominating further, I quite understand, and this in no way diminishes my intentions 😀
WHAT IS MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion. Okoto Enigma
Here are the rules!
- Display the award on your blog
- List the rules
- Mention the creator of the award & provide a link
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link
- Say three things about yourself
- Answer five questions from your nominee
- Write five questions for your nominees to answer
- Nominate from 10 to 20 other bloggers
- Notify nominees by commenting on their blog
- Share your best post
Three Things About Me
- I “borrowed” a traffic cone to use to help shape a choux pastry tower I was making a few years back, and put it back (washed!) in the middle of the night in case I got spotted!
- I messed up in a baking competition on a bake that is one I can normally do in my sleep!
- Musical theatre is my great love outside baking and cooking: good food followed by a good show ticks all the boxes for me (although I can’t sing to save my life!)
Questions from cookandenjoyrecipes to me
- Where do most visits to your blog come from? from Google search
- Name your favourite sport you participate/d in: I am actually the least sporty person you could imagine but I like to swim
- Name the most special moment in your life: my Civil Partnership 3 years ago
- Name a favourite quote: “the choice may have been mistaken; the choosing was not” – Stephen Sondheim’s Sunday in the Park with George
- Name a musical instrument/s you play/played: guitar, but many years ago
Questions to my nominees
- What is your favourite dish (either to make or to eat)?
- What is the hardest thing you have ever made in the kitchen?
- Which one person, dead or alive, would you most like to dine with?
- What is your biggest disaster in the kitchen?
- What is your greatest ambition?
In no particular order, these blogs that have been inspiring for me and have been wonderful to dip in to for ideas:
- A Pug in the Kitchen
- Ten Times Tea
- It’s all Frosting
- Stefan’s Gourmet Blog
- Thyme for Cooking
- Cooking without Limits
- Lili’s Cakes
- Tasty Eats
- Mother Would Know
- The Spiffy Cookie
- Eat Like a Girl
- Chef Mimi Blog
My best post:
Wow, this is a hard one, but the post I am most proud of, that means a lot to me (and in that respect I would claim it is my best) is my post on making and decorating cakes.
This post it is more a resource, giving key recipes, tips, techniques and ideas across many types of cakes and designs that are do-able at home, with a few pointers for more challenging ideas.
My cake making and decorating post is here: cake making and decorating